Today I posted about my hair story on Instagram and how I've switched up my hair care to night showers and extended styling. So, I thought I'd blog about my exact routine with all of you!
1. Shower at night. I actually get to enjoy my nightly routine and feel less rushed in the morning before work.
2. Wash! I have a dryer scalp than most so I use Clear. Pro tip: leave in your shampoo for 3-5 minutes for a healthy scalp! I always take a clip and pull it up while I wash my body, then rinse!
3. Condition! I use the corresponding Clear conditioner and once again leave it in a clip for a few minutes while I wash my face.
4. Rinse...AND detangle. My mom taught me to brush or comb through my hair while still in the shower and it's always stuck with me! It makes it SO much easier to brush through after you get out. I use the Wet Brush, but a large toothed comb works as well.
5. Protect. Since I sleep on my hair wet, I sometimes wake up to wet hair and have to hit it with the blow dryer or style with a straightener. So, I spray some Amika Heat Defense Serum on it to protect my hair from heat the next morning.
6. Nourish. I have long hair and my ends always need a little more love and hydration, so I use a combo of a few drops Oil Treatment and a pump of Leave in Conditioner to make sure my ends are as healthy as my roots!
7. Dry shampoo the the rescue! I've hunted for the best dry shampoo for years and I think I've found it! Aveda nails it once again. It's the only one I've used that makes my hair look and feel clean. Pro tip: use it at NIGHT and give it a chance to soak in while you sleep. You'll wake up with fresh hair and save even more of your time in the morning! This will keep your hair nice and refreshed for a several days.
I hope this was informative and helps you skip the morning rush stress and keep your hair happy and healthy. :)